Monday, August 8, 2011

Well goodbye spring and almost summer :)

Hello everyone!!

Well obviously a whole lot has happened since the last time I blogged in March :) It is now August and almost football season! Can I get an Amen?! So in a nutshell since March I have been to NYC for my friend Jana's bachelorette party, to Tulsa twice for Jana's wedding as well as my friend Kate's, attended Rockies baseball games, went to Red Rocks for the first time to see Sarah McLachlan, Allison visited for work and got to celebrate my birthday with me and speaking of my birthday I turned 24 :) I have also been babysitting here and there for some extra cash. So now summer is almost gone and it really has been a great one!

This past weekend was one of my favorites. My Mom got in last Thursday and we then hit the ground running with some things that I planned for us all to do. Thursday night we ate at Famous Daves then came back to the apartment to watch Big Brother. Friday morning my Mom and I slept in a little bit and Kevin went off to work. Our plan was to head out to Red Rocks and go to the Music museum. We left and went and ate in downtown Morrison at the Morrison Inn. It was SOOOO good and then we walked around and shopped. So much fun. We headed to Red Rocks only to find out that the amphitheater was closed due to a private event. I still got to show my Mom that area though and we climbed several stairs so it all worked out :) We didn't go to the museum after all because of time. We headed back to the apartment and waited for Kevin to meet us because we were going to go see Mt. Evans...we started driving west and discovered traffic was a mess and it would take us too long to get there and get back in time for the baseball game that night, so we just went to Golden instead and walked around. That evening we ate at the ball park and watched the Rockies play! The weather was perfect and it was a fun game. Saturday morning we headed out to Idaho Springs to go white water rafting...it was SO much fun! After we rafted we went and ate in Idaho Springs at Tommy Knocker and it was DELICIOUS. Idaho Springs has a really cute main street and we shopped for a little bit then went back to Denver. We all crashed when we got home, then my mom and I got up and got ready for Canvas and Cocktails (Tulsa has to get one of these!!) We met my friends Kristina, Rachel and Kendra there and painted a masterpiece :) After Canvas and Cocktails we went and ate downtown at Rio. Sunday morning we woke up had breakfast then headed out to Breckenridge. When we got there we took the gondola up to the mountain and rode the alpine slide and played a round of put put golf :) We had a blast!!! We went into town afterwards and ate at Kenosha Steakhouse then walked around!! Then we headed home and traffic was horrific so it took us a good 3 hours. After we got home we got ready then ate at Texas Roadhouse then went and saw Crazy Stupid Love!!! Such a wonderful and fun weekend :) So glad I got to spend much needed quality time with my Momma and Kevin. Now I am babysitting and wishing it was the weekend already.

Tonight Kevin and are going to Film on the Rocks at Red Rocks to watch Jurassic Park :) Should be a lot of fun. I am babysitting most of the week, getting my hair cut on Tuesday and then hanging out with my friend Tiffaney on Wednesday. This weekend My friend Megan is having her baby shower and my friend Laura is having a get together at her house that I am pretty excited about! Summer is coming to an end and I am okay with that!! Fall is just around the corner and it is my favorite :) At the end of August Kevin and I are going to Estes Park for a weekend getaway, I can't wait for that! Hopefully we can eat good food, see lots of God's beautiful artwork and go horseback riding. September is such a full month I will just have to wait awhile till I blog about it! I am also now addicted to Pinterest! So much fun!!!

I love Friday Night Lights and have been watching it on Netflix religiously. Kevin likes it too, so that's always fun :) Its kinda like my new Gilmore Girls. Well I need to get off her and get on with the day! I will leave you with a couple of bible verse's I am memorizing.

"In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16

"Cast all you anxiety on Him because He cares for you." 1 Peter 5:7

Love- Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment