Monday, January 3, 2011

2011...

Well, let's see Christmas in Tulsa was fantastic. Kevin and I really loved being home of course and enjoyed much needed family and friends time. It was a great Christmas in the sense that I felt more encouraged than ever to be in touch with the true reason for Christmas. I have been doing a bible study on rediscovering the true meaning of Christmas and I think everybody needs to keep it all in perspective. We celebrate Christmas because Christ was born. Thank you Jesus. Thank you God for sending your son to forgive us of our sins and to be our teacher.

I did get some awesome gifts that were so generous. Kevin got us season tickets to the Rockies :) I am soooo excited. I love baseball and the best part of this gift is that Kevin and I can be assured 81 dates that consist of each other and baseball :) Very exciting. I bought a super cute purse and some Miss Me jeans with some of my Christmas money. I also bought two books that I am SO excited to read, BONHOEFFER Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy by Eric Metaxes and The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning. This year I want to immerse myself in reading. I also got many more things from my family and friends, so generous and I have really loved all of my gifts.

Today my workout/diet will go ahead FULL force. I have been lax these last 3 weeks, which puts me behind in losing weight. I have to get serious again so I can obtain my goal before my best friend Jana's wedding. So of course I am avoiding working out by writing this blog...but rest assured when I'm done I will head to the gym and then do a glorious Jillian Michael's video...oh happy day. I would love to be outside today doing things but there is too much snow and it is frigid out! I want to take the dogs on a walk but poor little Farah has to keep her paw dry because she split it open and has stitches. They come out in 12 days and I cannot wait.

Kevin and I are going to go skiing this Saturday. I am praying to be patient with learning and to keep getting better!! :) We are also going to try another church this Sunday. I am praying that God will show us where we need to be. We desire to be apart of a church that is actively discipiling others. So many churches do a great job of feeding themselves, but do a less than good job of feeding their community. Literally and figuratively speaking. I want to be apart of a church that you can simply feel their need to bond together through service because they love God. So I am hoping the church we go to on Sunday fits that description :)

Kevin and I are going to go to the store tonight, we really need to re-stock the fridge. I am also excited for new episodes this week on TV!! I am really into Parenthood right now, it is a great show!! Well I guess I should just go work out and get it over with!!

Check these books out!!




Love to all!

Karen

1 comment:

  1. LOVED seeing you my sweets!!! Looking so forward to February!!!!

    ReplyDelete